We give each customer a written estimate, set up a start date and send out a contract and outline what will be done on your job. We complete your job in a timely and professional manner and we will make your experience easy and do the best job possible. We will give you advice on getting your foundation job done right and make suggestions such as using proper additives or mixes in the concrete as needed. We can also consult with you on your hardscaping needs.
- Provide us your blueprints and discuss details of your project.
- We will provide you a written estimate.
- Call Carol to discuss the estimate if you decide to hire us or if you have any questions.
- Let us know your start date and we will provide you a contract as well as an estimated timeline to completion.
- Sign your contract and return it along with your deposit.
- Have your excavator dig the foundation hole. In the winter hay will be needed to cover any concrete and the ground to protect from frost. We will then be ready to begin your job.
- We will set up your footing, call the building inspector, and order concrete.
- Your excavator is the one who should make the site accessible for concrete trucks. They should be able to get all the way around the jobsite in the safest way possible. If that is not possible a pump truck may be needed for an extra charge to you (as outlined in your estimate and contract).
- You will now have two options. We can strip your footing and your excavator can fill in for your slab and install the footing drains. Your second option is for us to set your wall.
- We will now order concrete and pour your wall.
- Forms will be stripped the following day; as weather permits and unless winter conditions occur, the forms will stay up 1 to 2 days. This will be a professional decision, unless is it specked out and agreed upon ahead of time. After the forms are removed the site will be cleaned up.
- Now you need to have your foundation waterproofed. CBJ can provide this service through its TUFF-N-DRI crew.
- After waterproofing and footing drain installation, another inspection is required.
- Next, the foundation should be backfilled by the excavator.
- We will then lay poly and pour your basement slab.
- The garage slab needs to settle for a while. You should frame first or let it settle for at least two weeks.
- Good luck!
- Other project processes will vary slightly and we look forward to working with your creatively to meet your needs.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment to discuss your specific project or any questions you may have. We look forward to working with you!